My name is Kyle. I am a happily failing indie/punk/folk/country/rock musician from Hampshire, UK. I have been singing and songwriting in The Dawn Chorus since 2005, and The Retrospective Soundtrack Players since 2010. I love these two bands like my brother/wife rolled into one. This blog details the shows I have played with both bands, in chronological order.
Thursday 9th March 2006
London Bethnal Grren Pleasure Unit
The Rudimentary Confusion
The Dawn Chorus
Mantis & The Prayer
Tonight's gig in handy bullet point form:
- invented the game of endless bollocks talking and ridiculous insult making. a good way to wile away the hours on a long car journey. choice pickings: cocksocket, scrote flannel, that kebab smells like a greek's armpit/rusty hinge, you're like rice, your face is flat and lifeless, it's like a baseball mit, etc
- driving the wrong way down a one way street seems to be a feature of our london gigs
- Simps had the dubious pleasure of drumming for three bands' soundchecks since nobody's drummer had turned up. The look on his face when he was playing 'purple haze' though - it was like school assembly all over again.
- Mantis and the prayer soundchecked for approximately 3 and a half hours.
- interesting fashion of the night - Mr Fake Ray's impressive hat and Mrs Mantis' fantastic see-through top and red spagly bra combo
- our set was good fun, although the onstage sound was pretty terrible. also there was one of those blinding white lights which meant we couldn't see a thing. but i left the stage a sweaty wreck - which can only ever be a good thing.
- we got eggs thrown at us
- after the gig that is, not during
- we have learnt not to do pay to play gigs in future