My name is Kyle. I am a happily failing indie/punk/folk/country/rock musician from Hampshire, UK. I have been singing and songwriting in The Dawn Chorus since 2005, and The Retrospective Soundtrack Players since 2010. I love these two bands like my brother/wife rolled into one. This blog details the shows I have played with both bands, in chronological order.
Bournemouth Opera House (upstairs)
Saturday 20th May 2006
Rushing with Apathy
The Dawn Chorus
Bullet points again i think, for variety's sake if no other reason.....
- we drove to Bournemouth at about 4 which was a weird thing to be doing on a Saturday. I got lost several times and very nearly killed a moped driver Grand Theft Auto style.
- i got quite stressed driving round Boscombe like a twat trying to park
- a small boy's trousers fell down whilst he was walking down the high street, and he didnt seem to care
- somebody scratched a car belonging to either the Dead Hot Chilli Peppers or The Revolving Doors (or whatever their name was). My belief is that if you belong to a tribute act to either of these criminally over-rated bands then you deserve to have your car keyed. It wasn't me though.
- this was a really weird fucking night
- Adam Boucher could play 15 songs in his set if he cut down on the time dedicated to arguing with the audience and generally pissing people off. He did a cover of the mighty Chris T-T's 'Huntsman come a marching'.
- We were naively discussing how we'd get the people present to move forwar to the front of the stage, but when we actually played, most of them had fucked off anyway, so it didn't present a problem.
- More stupid cock-ups today. Neil seemed to be seriously pissed off and spent a lot of the gig way off the side of the stage, possibly through shame. I actually enjoyed the gig, but i think Neil is getting seriously bored of our set. Because he told me so. But i do forget that he has been spending night and day mixing our new e.p, so i forgive him.
- Rushing with Apathy featured a girl waering a white shirt and nothing else. Keith is considering this look for future gigs.
- Neil had an obscenely long nipple hair. Abuot 3 inches.
- A totally surreal night. Cheers Rich, keep the dead men skanking.
- I got lost in Bournemouth. It took me ages to get out. On the way home I hollered The Shins and Two Gallants until I was horse, and it worked quite well as primal scream therapy.
- We need a rest