My name is Kyle. I am a happily failing indie/punk/folk/country/rock musician from Hampshire, UK. I have been singing and songwriting in The Dawn Chorus since 2005, and The Retrospective Soundtrack Players since 2010. I love these two bands like my brother/wife rolled into one. This blog details the shows I have played with both bands, in chronological order.
*MEGABUNNY FUNTIME TOUR*
Saturday 11th April 2009
Northampton Victoria Inn
The B of the Bang
The Dawn Chorus
We thought this show wasn't going to happen when we realised the venue doesn't have a PA, but we eventually managed to wangle one and headed to Northampton. I had to help do the Big Shop in the morning but I was rewarded with a massive breakfast which went down a treat.
Arriving in Northampton was a litattle dpressing, as it always is when you realise you're doing a pub gig. We were even accosted shortly after arriving for not buying enough drinks! Though this was a false alarm and the place actually turned out to be very friendly. Points of note today:
- Simps doing stand-up from his Gok Wan jokebook to check the mics - hilarious
- Neil wore Elliott Gregg's hat for the whole gig which made him look like the Razorlight guitarist. Neil also loved being the soundman for the day
- Both bands played well and went down well - we did our more country/easy listening material. nice.
- We didn't leave for ages due to the pub getting us all free drinks and not closing.
- I drove Julian for the first time and felt like a big man driving a big bus. After the show we drove to Elliott Gregg's house which was in Codicote which is basically nowhere, and you have to drive along some very narrow Deliverence bumrape alleys to get there. But we found it and EG's folks were incredibly kind in putting all 9 of us up for the night. Not before we'd watched a bit of The Aristocats though.