The Dawn Chorus / The Retrospective Soundtrack Players - Blogging all over the World
My name is Kyle. I am a happily failing indie/punk/folk/country/rock musician from Hampshire, UK. I have been singing and songwriting in The Dawn Chorus since 2005, and The Retrospective Soundtrack Players since 2010. I love these two bands like my brother/wife rolled into one. This blog details the shows I have played with both bands, in chronological order.
Friday, July 24, 2009
CXL - Ipswich The Swan - 23/07/09
Thursday 23rd July
The Swan, Ipswich
The Dawn Chorus
- Woke in Cambs and Neil was a bit sick after his 2 pints. He blamed it on his lack of a proper meal.
- Walked into town and had breakfast at Wetherspoon's with the local alcoholic community. Neil got sunburned in the pub garden.
- Went to Fopp and had the traditional splurge. I got albums by Morrissey, Sparklehorse, Tokyo Police Club, Of Montreal and The Stills and Brick, An Inconvenient Truth and Premonition on DVD all for less than £20. I love Fopp Cambridge.
- Didn't go to the Folk museum again after a poor review from some locals.
- Played quite a bit of Bum (it's a football game) on Parker's Piece (it's a field) after have a lovely ice cream.
- Got caught in a brief downpour so we ducked into a hardware shop and bought a tape measure.
- Made our way to Ipswich, where we played at apparently the only venue in Ipswich, which was a pub with a temporarily installed PA. What a great place though; they played good music, everyone was dead friendly, they were going to let us stay though we decided to head back, they fed us, gave us drinks and paid us well. All you can ask for really.
- We played fairly well, the crowd certainly got more into us as we went which is always nice.
- Drove back home despite fear of being mugged in a service station and a downpour that reduced visibility to zero and made Neil and me nearly soil ourselves.
- All in all, most good.